Thursday, October 23, 2008

Building new LiveCD based on Xubuntu

Already have the base CD and DVD sets done - tweaking the performance and artwork. In truth, my LAVA project I built using Ubuntu Gnome as a base really helped me prepare in building a XFCE CD. Alot of the same objectives applied, same need for similar apps, etc. I will say that XFCE is soooooo much faster but I ended up really customizing the interface. Change behaviour and some default apps as well as adding alot of expected functionality from a desktop user. Example: The ability to right click on a file and email to someone using thunderbird or right click and search for a file. It's been fun adding and removing. In the end I still have a desktop that is alot fast than my gnome counterpart and it is still very functional. So much so that I might leave the gnome desktop off my pc for awhile.

No comments: